13 November 2007

Overzealous dedication


Oh, the pomegranate. You've returned, dear fruit, and you're large and pretty at the new Whole Foods (If you were thinking about buying pomegranates at Wal-mart, I'll save you the trouble. There is a reason they're always on sale). Pomegranates are the perfect winter substitute for watermelon: like watermelon, they're messy, redish, juicy, they get all over you, are impossible to open (and eat) and leave a stinking mess all over your fingers and bowl. I don't even care that their seeds kind of remind me of bloody teeth.



Okay
, ew.






Pomegranates are also a distinct reminder of my 1.5 year stint living in Ohio. The majority of this experience left a lot to be desired, but I did meet several lovely people, one of which was Ashley. Together our love of pomegranates blossomed, and I think of her every time I take an hour out of my day to eat the freaking fruit.



No comments: